At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Hanover. Whether it’s through our internal business practices or creating energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits no matter the season.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on specific climates. The options below give our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 features three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with a double coating of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Visit your Hanover Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass options or our recommended glass for the Hanover region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between two or more glass panes to provide increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room during the winter months; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Hanover Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.